Julie Owens, Member for Parramatta, will thank the community for 10 years in Parliament on Saturday 11 October with a celebration in Parramatta Mall with community leaders, local businesses and Parramatta locals.
“It is a privilege to have been asked by the community to represent them for 10 years,” said Ms Owens.
“This is my opportunity to thank the community for their support over the last 10 years.”
Ms Owens was first elected to Parliament in 2004 and has since continued to represent the Parramatta community.
In that time she has seen the Parramatta area grow into the business and community hub for Western Sydney.
“Parramatta is a diverse and multicultural city. From Carlingford to Granville and Wentworthville to Dundas, we have a vibrant community that we can all be proud.”
Assistance delivered to the Parramatta community since 2004 includes:
- Committed over $120 million to our local schools
- Significant upgrades to the Westmead Medical Precinct, including new world class buildings for the Westmead Millennium Institute and the Children’s Medical Research Institute
- 60 new beds for Westmead and Westmead Children’s Hospital, a new headspace centre and millions in funding for GPs and allied health
- Millions of dollars in funding for local community organisations, charities and multicultural associations
- Over $2 million in funding for local emergency relief
Spread the love and Earn Tokens