The fourth Business and Community Awards presented by the Indian Executive Club will be held on Saturday, 8 November, at the Plaza Ballroom. The IEC Awards, the signature event of the Indian Executive Club, was launched in 2011, by the biggest Indian media business in Australia, with titles like The Indian Sun, Hello Bollywood, Indian Executive and AuZone, to recognise the contribution of executives and small-to-medium enterprises and businesses from the growing Indian diaspora in Australia.
For the 2013 awards a record total of 126 nominations were received. Another highlight was that Australia’s second longest serving Prime Minister Mr. John Howard was the keynote speaker.
The 2014 people’s choice awards will focus on two sectors, hospitality and travel & tourism. Businesses in these industries are invited to nominate by completing a nomination form available on www.iecawards.com.au. Nominations will close on September 15. From 16 September till 16 October, the public will be invited to vote via www.iecawards.com.au. The business that receives the highest vote in each of the industries will be the winner in that category and the winners will be presented with the awards on 8 November.
The 2014 Business and Executive awards will consist of seven categories. These are
- Young Executive of the Year—male (40 years of age or younger as at 31/10/2014 and holds a middle or senior management position)
- Young Executive of the Year—female (40 years of age or younger as at 31/10/2014 and holds middle or senior management position)
- Executive of the Year—male (holds middle or senior management position)
- Executive of the Year—female (holds middle or senior management position)
- Micro business of the Year (turnover up to $999K)
- Small Business of the Year (turnover between $1m and $9,999K)
- Medium Business of the Year (Business turnover between $10m and $50m)
A team of independent judges has been appointed to select the winners for each of the categories. The team of judges, their profiles and the judging criteria, are also available on www.iecawards.com.au.
One can participate in this year’s awards ceremony by either nominating oneself or one’s business or nominating other businesses or executives who deserve recognition. The nominations for these categories will open on 1 July and will close on 30 September.