Spring has sprung and the housing market can expect to see another surge in stock, open homes and auctions. If you are planning to put your property on the market, here are a few tips on prepping your house
A neat and tidy exterior view is a great incentive for buyers to step into an open home for a look inside. Here are some ‘bigger bank for the buck’ improvements to leverage your return on investment:
- Mow the lawn and trim the hedges.
- Pressure clean driveways, pavers, roof tiles and exterior walls.
- Freshen up with a new coat of paint, at least for entrance and garage doors and fences.
- Tidy up the front garden and backyard. Plant flowers that are in bloom at this time.
- Consider engaging a garden maintenance service, including from websites offering freelance work.
Once you get interested buyers indoors, a Spring-feel first impression will put them in a positive frame of mind. Here are some simple things you can do to achieve this:
- Declutter—get rid of unwanted stuff which tends to accumulate over time. A minimalistic approach creates a blank canvas for buyers to imagine inserting their favourite pieces and trimmings.
- Freshen up walls with a new coat of paint. Neutral colours appeal to a broader range of tastes and makes it easier for buyers to imagine their own touches and variations.